Talk

Advanced search

Hotel recommendations for Singapore with a toddler

(8 Posts)
kiwipie Tue 09-May-17 11:36:15

Just as the title says really!
We have a couple of nights stopover in Singapore and need some advice on hotels.
We would like to be near the Bay of Gardens and quite central.
But no idea what areas and what travel is like.

Thanks!

Rainbowqueeen Tue 09-May-17 11:43:53

I don't have a particular hotel to recommend but do a search on Clarke quay. This is very central and close to Gardens by the bay. Also close to lots of great eateries, hawker centres, Raffles hotel and the river.

Taxis are very cheap in Singapore. I haven't travelled there with a toddler so I don't know about car seats but lots of people who stay in Singapore just taxi everywhere. We used the MRT which is the train system and is very easy safe and fast. But if you only have a couple of nights you might not need it.

Have fun, Singapore is amazing

kiwipie Tue 09-May-17 11:52:09

Thankyou Rainbow!

We're very excited to explore Singapore smile

glorious Tue 09-May-17 11:53:51

What kind of budget?

kiwipie Tue 09-May-17 11:56:45

Was just about to mention budget. I would say at £200 a night max. But hopefully less

glorious Tue 09-May-17 22:52:12

Ok I'm not much use on Singapore as I haven't been despite my mum living there for 6 months (!). So no idea on location but we have had great experiences with small children at Four Seasons hotels in the region and also at the Ritz Carlton in KL. Four Seasons would just squeeze in under 200 a night depending on dates. They even buy your child some little presents for arrival (E.g. small toy, toiletries, bib, children's snacks).

Hope you have a great time! Hopefully someone who knows Singapore will be along soon.

Tinnie88 Tue 16-May-17 23:00:36

We stayed in the Park Royal on Pickering. Lovely modern hotel and a bit out of the bustle so would be good for children. It's a small city and taxis are cheap, tube very safe and quiet, nothing like the chaos of London. Have fun!

TeaBelle Tue 16-May-17 23:02:35

Dh highly recommends the crowne plaza

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now