Talk

Advanced search

Orlando for a 4 and 7 year old?

(6 Posts)
Disabrie22 Mon 01-May-17 21:10:50

We are going in early Jan - best tips please for younger children? Where would you go for a 7 day trip?

Iamthemotherofdragons Mon 01-May-17 21:24:50

I'd probably stick with the Disney parks with children of those ages. Maybe 2 days at the Magic Kingdom, 1 at each of the Animal Kingdom, EPCOT and Hollywood Studios and a day for shopping.

The time difference means that you'll most likely wake up early, especially at the beginning of the trip. I'd make the most of this by planning to do an early breakfast in the parks and then be ready for rope drop.

Make good use of Fastpass at Disney and use baby swap for any rides that your 4 year old is too small for.

Disboards and TheDibb are good websites to help with planning.

Disabrie22 Mon 01-May-17 21:57:55

Thank you so much - how do I get a fast pass and what is babyswap?

Iamthemotherofdragons Mon 01-May-17 22:45:02

You need to create an account with Disney in order to make Fastpasses for the rides in advance. There is an app called MyDisneyExperience that you can download to do this on. You will need to link your park tickets to the account. If you are staying onsite at Disney you can make Fastpasses 60 days in advance of your trip. If not it will be 30 days before. You can pick 3 Faatpasses per day and there is lots of information available about which rides are the best to choose.

If there is a ride that your 4 year old is too short for you ask a cast member for a baby swap at the entrance to the ride . You will be given a pass so that the adult that waited can ride via the fastpass queue without having to line up again. They can also take the 7 year old with them, meaning that they get to ride twice if they want to.

2014newme Tue 09-May-17 16:17:04

I'd just do Disney. That's 2 water parks, magic Kingdom, studios, epcot, animal Kingdom.
There are 4 lands within magic Kingdom
I wouldn't save a day for shopping I'd do water parks

Sunnydaysrock Thu 11-May-17 14:08:33

They would love Gatorland on the Orange Blossom Trail. Huge gators and crocodiles up close, plus train ride, loads of other animals to see. Very reasonable price.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now