Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Spending money for Disney

(6 Posts)
stupidphone Sun 30-Apr-17 09:58:55

We are off to Disney in Aug. Family of 4. Just doing one week at Disney and one week at Clearwater beach. We have paid for the holiday and tickets now saving for spending money and food. I know spending money is hard to guess but what about food money?! We are in hotels both weeks. Kids 8 and 10. How much do you think we need to set aside? No food plan thing, just eat wherever takes our fancy. Ideas and suggestions would be great!

jimijack Sun 30-Apr-17 10:08:48

Well there are loads of places to eat out, good value for money, but don't forget tipping, that really bumps up costs.
I-drive has millions of places.

The parks though are very expensive and pretty much crap, fries and fried stuff.
We went to Wal-Mart for lunch stuff. Drinks, nice salad stuff, sandwiches, took that in with us, saves alot.

Have a look on the dib, tonnes of stuff on there, people who have just come back, people who go regularly, they can advise. Great website.

It's absolutely boiling hot in August, when we went it hit 40° a few times, the queues the parks were sometime over 2 hours in that heat as it was horrifically busy, take drinks, lots of drinks with you.

Iamastonished Sun 30-Apr-17 18:36:30

"We went to Wal-Mart for lunch stuff. Drinks, nice salad stuff, sandwiches, took that in with us, saves a lot"

Quite frankly I wouldn't want to eat anything that I had been carrying around in that heat for several hours. Also back packs are very sweaty. We found the cheapest places to eat were places with counter service because you don't get stung for tips. Also don't forget that tax gets added on to everything so nothing is the price that it states on the ticket. DD and I tried to stick to $100 a day between us, bit didn't always manage it. Our hotel didn't include breakfast BTW.

rollonthesummer Sun 30-Apr-17 18:40:13

We spent about £100 a day. Things aren't cheap!

jimijack Mon 01-May-17 13:43:48

We froze bottles of water and packed them into our backpacks.
This was great keeping food cool, also bloody lovely melting ice water in the heat.

2014newme Mon 08-May-17 17:31:13

Do you have the Disney dining plan?
A car?
Will you be eating in the parks?
Dibb is good for this

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now