Talk

Advanced search

Ballpark cost?

(5 Posts)
Thebookswereherfriends Sat 29-Apr-17 21:08:23

I've been invited to a wedding in a couple of years time in Florida. I would probably be taking my child who would be 6yrs by then and we would be looking at staying in a villa with a few family members to save on costs. Has anyone done a villa holiday in Florid who could give me a rough idea of basic costs? I.e of the villa cost, Disney park cost. I just want a rough idea, so I can decide whether it's something I want to attempt to save for!
Thanks.

OP’s posts: |
mummymeister Mon 01-May-17 12:30:00

Honestly this is almost impossible to answer! What are the rough dates for the visit? as your child will be 6 assuming that it will be school holidays as you cant take them out in term time. in which case start with skyscanner or momondo. put in the flights for next year and get a cost. then go to vrbo for villas and again search on the size you need for a date this year and you start to see the costs of it. WDW will have tickets prices on their site.

it really does depend on what time of year, how many of you to share the costs, the dates for the flights etc.

Thebookswereherfriends Tue 02-May-17 18:57:08

Yes, I don't really have many details yet. It would be school holidays,I think Easter. Thanks for the tips - I'll do a bit of research using the sites you suggest.

OP’s posts: |
MissCherryCakeyBun Tue 02-May-17 19:09:24

Google is your friend and you will need answers to at the least he following questions.....

Will you be flying economy?
Will you fly from a regional airport?
Will you need transport to the airport?
Will you be staying in Orlando?
Will the wedding be in Orlando?
How many people in the villa ?
How will you look at splitting the very real cost of food between those at the villa?
Do you need a hire car and if so to carry how many?
How many days do you want at Disney?
Do you want to visit the other parks?
Will you be eating out or dinning at the villa?
How long do you need the villa for?
Will you need additional transport for the wedding?

Once you have these answered do a mock booking with the dates pulled forward to the same time of year ( this year) and that will help give you seasonal variations.

I'm in the midst of independently booking an extended 4 /5 month trip/holiday ( we are taking a gap year at 49 and 52 lol) so have had to do all this for all the locations we want to visit.

Good luck with you planning and message me if you feel totally lost

mummymeister Wed 03-May-17 09:14:28

If its next Easter then you would be best to book your flights as soon as they are released as Easter is possibly the most popular time for brits to visit due to the weather.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in