Talk

Advanced search

DB 30th New York experience present

(10 Posts)
SippingSipsmith Tue 25-Apr-17 06:40:39

Hi

DB is 30 next month and SIL has arranged surprise trip to NYC.

Any ideas on an experience type present while they are out there? They've been before so have done most/all of the obvious touristy things. Was wondering if there's anything lesser known to do but brilliant that I can get them a voucher for. They like food and films. Not familiar with what's on broadway and good right now.

Hit me with your best suggestions. Guess I'm looking at spending about £150.

Thanks

budgiegirl Tue 25-Apr-17 09:53:03

How about a trip to the Aire Ancient Baths in Tribeca? I've not been myself, but friends have, and said it was lovely. You can buy gift experiences online.

SippingSipsmith Tue 25-Apr-17 12:21:03

Hi Budgiegirl. Thanks - came across that online this morning and it looked brilliant/perfect but too expensive unfortunately especially when factored in that would need to get pass for SIL as well.

allfurcoatnoknickers Wed 26-Apr-17 16:19:34

Food Truck Tour! sidewalksofny.com/food-truck-tours.php

I did one and it was so good.

ZaraW Thu 27-Apr-17 19:29:03

Food tour of Greenwich Village did it last year went to some amazing places, tour guide was amazing.

goldangel Fri 28-Apr-17 06:38:21

Basketball game?

Buddah101 Fri 28-Apr-17 06:43:44

see if there's anything on at madison square gardens while they are there, or any shows you could get tickets for, alternatively the helicopter tours around the island are always good to do.

sandgrown Fri 28-Apr-17 06:48:30

I bought DS a helicopter flight over New York . A friend bought her daughter a meal in a rooftop restaurant with amazing views but can't remember the hotel name sorry .

SippingSipsmith Sat 29-Apr-17 07:43:41

Thanks - helicopter is a great idea though I imagine out of budget? Will look into though. A basketball game is a great idea - they're sporty so would like. Thank you

robinia Sat 29-Apr-17 07:45:25

We went to baseball - New York Yankees - that was great. A real cultural experience too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now