Talk

Advanced search

Mauritius hotels

(8 Posts)
sm40 Sun 16-Apr-17 15:12:55

Hi
Thinking of going in October/November. Dc 8 and 11. Which hotels are good? Should we do all inclusive?
Which part of island is best?
Looked at tamassa, zilwa attitude, heritage awali, sugar beach?
Can't do the really expensive places!
Thanks.

2014newme Wed 19-Apr-17 15:11:34

Yes do all inclusive as most hotels are not walking distance of towns with restaurants.

DailyFailstinks Sat 22-Apr-17 22:46:17

We stayed at sugar beach a while ago. It was lovely. Agree with previous poster that you need to go all inclusive though. All of the big resorts tend to be a fair distance from the local shops and it gets very expensive if you buy food & drinks in the resort.

vitaminC Sat 22-Apr-17 22:51:23

Definitely go all-inclusive. There was a lot of choice when we went and all the food was amazing.
We stayed at Trou aux Biches Beachcomber resort,which is a 5 star, but we went in June, so it was low season and very affordable.
I would love to go back as it was the best holiday I've had. Lovely place, lovely food lovely people!

OllyBJolly Sat 22-Apr-17 23:31:53

We went to Sugar Beach. Damn near perfect. No insects which was fab as I react badly to mozzie bites. Great staff. Food in restaurants was just fab; the hotel buffet was okay.

Great place to chill out. Loved the "adult pool" - very serene.

leoniethelioness Thu 27-Apr-17 16:18:37

My PiL have been to Zilwa Attitude and really enjoyed themselves.

ILookedintheWater Thu 27-Apr-17 16:33:21

I've stayed at The Preskil resort (excellent water sports), close to town so can go out to eat locally, buffet weak, rooms shabby when we went but were being refurbished.
Also Tamassa, very nice, but not much restaurant choice: if you don't want the main buffet you had to book the other places days in advance. Lovely spa. didn't try the water sports but they were there.
Also Outrigger: right next to Tamassa on the Bel Ombre coast. My favourite of the three. Even the buffets were excellent. Spa gorgeous.

MulderitsmeX Mon 22-May-17 22:28:46

Depends what time of year you go as the wind hits different parts at different times.

We went full board in a hotel where most guests were going all inc. The upshot was that waiters kept bringing us free drinks in exchange for tips (all inc people seemed to not really be tipping too much), it worked out well haha!

We stayed at the paradise cove which was nice although quite small.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now