Talk

Advanced search

St Lucia in June

(7 Posts)
caoraich Thu 13-Apr-17 15:58:36

We've just booked a holiday to St Lucia this June. It's in the North of the island and is all inclusive. Wouldn't normally go for this sort of hol but it was very discounted and we need something relaxing! We haven't been to the Carribean before.

We plan to visit the nature reserve and try some scuba diving but does anyone out there have other ideas/recommendations for things to do? Lying by a pool is lovely but you could do that anywhere!

Any advice on renting a car for a day or two and visiting interesting places? I'm not expecting fantastic roads but we've driven in Africa so are fairly confident.

Hopefully someone out there has ideas!

newpup Thu 13-Apr-17 17:01:46

Hi. St Lucia has some beautiful waterfalls and mud baths, quite touristy but fun nonetheless. Also a very stinky volcano you can drive into!

My favourite thing to do is snorkel at Anse Chastenet between the Pitons. Obviously take a boat around the island at sunset and visit Marigot Bay, which is stunning!

2014newme Thu 20-Apr-17 09:30:42

Definitely go round the whole island
Pitons
Soufriere
We went whale watching
We also flew to the Grenadines which was the best day trip we've ever done
It will be rainy ☔!

PatriciaHolm Fri 21-Apr-17 09:12:43

We drove around when we were there - maps can be variable but the locals very friendly and happy to point you in the right direction! We all enjoyed the catamaran (we had 5 and 6 year olds), and the sulfur pits. We got a helicopter from the airport to the hotel (well 10 mins away) which was fantastic.

unicornpoopoop Fri 21-Apr-17 09:33:59

We paid for a driver for the day to take us around. Was ridiculously cheap.

Went zip lining through the rain forest.

Mud baths at the volcano.

Went rum tasting. $4 and you can taste as much as you want!

Horse riding - thought was a rip off.

There was a nice scenic tour down south with good views but can't remember the name off the top of my head

caoraich Fri 21-Apr-17 12:45:56

This is brilliant thank you all!! Mud baths and rum tasting definitely up my street grin
Not too worried about the rain - we live in Glasgow so a dry day is disconcerting anyway!

noramum Sun 23-Apr-17 21:01:19

The Zip line is great fun. DD was 7 and I swore you could have heard her down the mountain screaming with fun.

The volcano is great, stinks like hell but hey, how often can you say you have been at one.

Take a boat trip, we did a snorkle/scuba tour but they also showed us lot of the costal line as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now