Talk

Advanced search

Off to India with 6yo ds at Easter - any advice?

(5 Posts)
missymousie Fri 09-Mar-07 17:07:33

Hello!!
Has anyone been to Northern India (Delhi/Agra/Jaipur) with a 4-7 yo?
Does anyone have any magic words of comfort and reassurance or practical advice for me?!I am desperate for advice as have realised it is 4 weeks and am suddenly feeling a bit unprepared.

Overrun Fri 09-Mar-07 17:08:26

I expect they will take it more in their stride than you do I have been, but not with children. Have you been before?

FioFio Fri 09-Mar-07 17:08:31

Message withdrawn

MrsBadger Fri 09-Mar-07 17:21:43

have you the rough guide and / or the lonely planet? Worth a look.

Take lots of loo roll and/or tissues and that alcohol handwash that you don't need water for.

Overrun Fri 09-Mar-07 17:29:24

Assuming that you haven't been. I agree with Fio and Mrs Badger.
I would also say about water, that you also have to remember not to swallow water in the shower, and use bottled water when you brush your teeth. Also don't be caught out by Ice cream like my dh was
Every where is going to be really crowded, have you got a wristband or somethings similar, at least for the 4 yr old.
If your children have any breathing problems, be aware that Agra in particular is incredibly polluted, (I have Asthma and was on steroids the whole time I was there)
It's all really wonderful though, I hope you enjoy. I really loved Jaipur.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »