Talk

Advanced search

Daft question about connecting flights

(10 Posts)
IamRonnieBiggs Tue 11-Apr-17 09:22:36

Flying to America through Dublin.....

So when we check in at Manchester do we treat it like a domestic flight (90 minutes) or international (3 hours)

We have a long wait in Dublin so don't want a long one in Manchester too if we don't have to

Thanks

QueenMortificado Tue 11-Apr-17 09:24:40

International

IamRonnieBiggs Tue 11-Apr-17 10:55:21

Booo - thanks for answering

dailystuck71 Tue 11-Apr-17 21:23:45

Domestic. We do anyway. Never had a problem.

SwedishEdith Tue 11-Apr-17 23:16:18

Domestic. We made the mistake of thinking 3 hours when going via Germany (travel agent advice). Check-in opened bang on 2 hours before flight. Grrr.

IamRonnieBiggs Wed 12-Apr-17 08:14:47

I did wonder if they would even open! We will be there about 2:30 hours before I think - just won't rush too much

Thanks all

rachyconks Wed 12-Apr-17 08:22:15

It depends on whether you are being checked all the way through to America at Manchester. If so, allow a bit longer. If not (I would advise this as you can then complete you immigration in Dublin, will save you loads of time when you land), then domestic time allowance will be fine.

LorraLorraLlama Wed 12-Apr-17 08:24:08

Domestic at Man.
You will clear immigration for US in Dub.

exWifebeginsat40 Wed 12-Apr-17 08:54:47

i'd do 3 hours anyway.

are you on one flight code or codeshare for the whole journey? if you check in and your luggage is straight through to final destination then your departure is treated as international. you'll stay airside in Dublin.

if it's domestic then no biggie - it's only an hour longer to fill. always err on the side of caution!

IamRonnieBiggs Wed 12-Apr-17 08:56:45

It's the same airline it was made as one booking - always assumed they would take our luggage off us!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now