Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Manhattan hotel recommendations

(4 Posts)
ineedamoreadultieradult Tue 04-Apr-17 19:37:36

DH, myself and DS 10 and DS 7 are going to NYC in Feb next year and Im looking for hotel recommendations. To give you an idea in the UK we are more than happy with a Premier Inn style hotel and we plan in being in the hotel mostly just for sleeping. I would prefer to be near Midtown/Central Park areas and have a max budget of about £700 for 5 nights. Anyone got any ideas?

allfurcoatnoknickers Tue 04-Apr-17 20:04:18

I'd stay well away from Times Square if you can - it's a horrible part of midtown.

I'd look into the nyma: thenewyorkmanhattanhotel.com/ which is by Herald Square and very well connected.

Also try Pod 39: thepodhotel.com/pod-39/ there's a great taco restaurant in the building grin

The Yotel often have good deals too: www.yotel.com/en/hotels/yotel-new-york

The Hudson is v. trendy if you don't mind teeny tiny rooms: www.morganshotelgroup.com/hudson/hudson-new-york

MsAmerica Wed 05-Apr-17 20:46:45

I'd also recommend guidebooks for suggestions, or American sites specializing in travel.

hamble123 Thu 06-Apr-17 19:51:04

If you just want a 'crash pad' for sleeping in, then you may wish to consider staying in a Holiday Inn Express - there is one just west of Times Square on West 39th St (and you get a free continental breakfast). You can book directly here:

www.ihg.com

The Skyline Hotel is a budget hotel (with a swimming pool), the Travel Inn is also a budget hotel/motel which you can find on most sites like Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline etc.

Check out the Radio City Apartments (fab location) but family rooms with kitchens do get booked out quickly:

Www.radiocityapartments.com

There are also US hotel chains with suites or family rooms (some may have kitchenettes) eg. 'Courtyard by Marriott' in Times Sq, Homewood Suites by Hilton, La Quinta Inns & Suites, Hampton Inn(s), Staybridge Suites (Times Sq/Port Authority....I've stayed there, very nice - part of the IHG group - Intercontinental Hotels Group, same as the Holiday Inns).

Hope this helps!

You could also consider staying in a 'suite' hotel as some of them have a seperate bedroom and sitting room with a sofa bed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now