Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for Canada - Montreal and Toronto AND Florida - Naples area

(7 Posts)
Hulababy Sun 19-Mar-17 19:06:38

We have just booked our flights for the summer - woohoo!

Now looking for any particular recommendations.

We fly to Montreal on the Sunday, and then fly out of Toronto the following Sunday.

We are then flying onto Tampa to spend a couple of days at Busch Gardens (probably staying at Hard Work Hotel a few miles away) and then we will have 5 nights near somewhere like Naples. We've been to Orlando a few times and done all the Disney and Universal parks, but DD has always hankered after trying Busch Gardens so this is her chance smile

So, thinking :
3 nights Montreal
3 nights Toronto
1 night near Niagra Falls
2 nights near Busch Gardens at Hard Rock Hotel
5 nights near Naples

It will be me, dh and 15y DD. We will hire a car to move between the places.

Any suggestions or recommendations please?

TIA

Hulababy Mon 20-Mar-17 18:14:50

Now booked hotels in Montreal and Toronto, but need to find suggestions for near Niagra Falls and also on the SW Florida cost, probably Naples, if anyone has any thoughts?

spababe Thu 06-Apr-17 15:56:18

What are you planning on doing in Montreal? We are going too but I'm finding it easier to fill my Toronto plan than my Montreal plan. I have teenagers

Pinkpiglet Thu 06-Apr-17 19:53:43

Sounds great. Sorry I can't give you any help but I just wanted to ask how you booked the flights.

We are going to Toronto to stay with family in the summer but I love the idea of flying down to Florida. Did you book all flights separately or together through a company?

Sorry to take the direction away from your question OP!

Hulababy Thu 06-Apr-17 20:59:40

spababe - not really decided yet! We have one teen - Dd is 15. Ive bought a couple of travel guides so will look over the Easter break. We do like cities so will spend time exploring mainly

Pinkpiglet - we booked the Uk flights via BA as a multi city return. So London to Montreal, then Miami to London. Then we booked the Toronto to Tampa flight separately - thats with Air Canada and just one way.

Pinkpiglet Thu 06-Apr-17 22:58:18

Thank you Hulababy for the flight info. Hope you have a great trip

JennyWreny Mon 08-May-17 23:18:00

Hulababy I had a fantastic time in Toronto in October. I went with my husband who was attending a conference, so basically had 5 days to explore on my own. I got some great tips from Mumsnetters. Here is a link to my thread if you are interested - including a great photo I took at Niagara-on-the-lake which I see some people on your other thread have recommended.
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/longhaul/2731852-What-to-do-in-Toronto-by-myself-in-October

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now