Luxury anniversary holiday with baby and young child?

(9 Posts)
Flutterby11 Fri 17-Mar-17 06:57:10

Hi, we have our 10yr wedding anniversary this summer and wanted to have a luxury holiday somewhere that is zika/dengue/malaria free (or at least minimal risk of these illnesses) as we will have an baby under one and also a 7yr old with us. We are not beach people and get bored easily but wanted somewhere hot where we can relax but still get out and about with historical/sightseeing or nature based activities. Any advice please??

ShanghaiDiva Sat 18-Mar-17 13:25:56

Singapore combined with Bali
Borneo
Hoi An in Vietnam - combine with Hanoi - not the best weather in summer months, but have been in July and just had rain on one day
Java
A lot of SE Asia is wet in the summer (above options are dry, Singapore is pretty much the same all year round)
You don't need anti-malarial tablets for any of the above - although you may need to check re Borneo. I don't think anywhere in SE Asia is dengue free - be sensible, use a spray. I have travelled and lived in SE Asia for nearly 10 years and never had a problem.

2014newme Sat 18-Mar-17 13:27:30

South Africa, capetown would be a good Base and you could do some of the garden route

Flutterby11 Sat 18-Mar-17 14:31:13

Thanks for the suggestions, will look into them.

Flutterby11 Sat 18-Mar-17 14:31:45

Any other suggestions welcome!

mummymeister Sat 18-Mar-17 17:36:40

I would look to book a really expensive hotel/apartment with facilities in Europe. get a cheaper air fare than long haul and save what you spend on somewhere more luxurious. this way you avoid a stressful long flight with your little ones and really what do kids want other than beach a pool and some time with you.

Stopyourhavering Sat 18-Mar-17 20:22:48

Italian lakes?....Lake Como beautiful , luxurious hotels....great places to visit....not far to travel and child friendly
Or S of France...Grasse , Provence....

Stopyourhavering Sat 18-Mar-17 20:24:40

....or if you want long haul, what about Mauritius?

2014newme Sat 18-Mar-17 21:28:26

Mauritius is great for kids but op didn't want a beach holiday. There are a lot if other things to do but it is largely beach.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now