Talk

Advanced search

Yellowstone/Grand Tetons

(11 Posts)
RusholmeRuffian Wed 15-Mar-17 21:11:30

Thinking of going later this year. Has any one been? Where did you fly in to?

inniu Wed 15-Mar-17 21:16:55

We are going this summer. Flying to Jackson Hole via Chicago back From Salt Lake City again via Chicago.

RusholmeRuffian Thu 16-Mar-17 17:19:05

Thank you. Hadn't thought of that route. Have a great time!

allisbright Thu 16-Mar-17 17:27:50

I spent a week in that area as part of a bigger trip back in 2015. Stunning place. I cannot recommend enough!

museumum Thu 16-Mar-17 17:33:08

Yes. Flew to Minneapolis then Bozeman MT and drove down from there.

TwitterQueen1 Thu 16-Mar-17 17:35:14

depends on how long you're going for and how much you want to drive and see, but we used to fly into Denver and work our upwards (and then back again. 3 weeks was ample for Yellowstone and lots of other parks and sights too.

RusholmeRuffian Thu 16-Mar-17 19:14:22

I was thinking of flying to Denver and driving from there. I'm used to doing lots of driving, flights seem to be cheaper and I can squeeze in Rocky Mountain National Park too. Thanks all!

MissHavisham1984 Thu 16-Mar-17 19:26:43

Last year we flew to Denver, drove up through Cheyenne and Thermopolis to Yellowstone. We spent a week in the park at 2 different locations, Old Faithful and Mammoth Springs. Then we drove down to Jackson Hole for a few days and on to Laramie through the mountains. We ended our trip in Boulder over the 4th of July, staying at the Boulderado Hotel, which was amazing. Don't miss a rafting trip on the Snake River and try to go on some of the guided trips in Yellowstone. It's a fantastic place and we had a great time.

PinkBuffalo Thu 16-Mar-17 19:32:23

Can't advise on flying as don't remember! But stayed in Cody which Is so close, literally up the road.
Loved Yellowstone, would go back tomorrow if I could!

RusholmeRuffian Sun 19-Mar-17 12:48:24

Thanks all!

clerquin Mon 20-Mar-17 16:59:43

We're flying to Denver and back from Jackson Hole this summer. Driving to Cheyenne for the Rodeo, Thermopolis for the Hot Springs and Cody for some river rafting before staying in Yellowstone for a few nights followed by a longer stay in the Grand Tetons. I booked our accommodation back in October for this coming July and I couldn't get all the nights I wanted in Yellowstone because the availability wasn't there. People book early! I managed to get one night at Old Faithful and 2 nights at Canyon Lodge. Thankfully, we're spending a week at Colter Bay Village which will be more relaxing after a night here and a night there during our first week's roadtrip. You need to book accommodation really early if you want to actually stay within the National Parks itself especially in the summer. HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now