Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Australia - Any kind of discount / coupon book for tourist attractions

(5 Posts)
bricobraco Wed 08-Mar-17 20:22:35

We are heading to Oz for a big trip with the DCs soon and I am wondering if any sort of tourist discount book / offers / coupon type card exists? Exchange rate is so terrible I'm worrying we will be staying in and BBQ'ing EVERY NIGHT!

ToesInWater Fri 10-Mar-17 04:44:53

Where are you going? If it's major cities you need to look at the cheap deals websites - living social, groupon and scoopon. If you go onto dealsextra.com.au they consolidate all the different companies on one site and there are a load of deals for activities and dining. Not quite as good for dining options as they used to be and you will have to be a bit organised as you have to book but we are in Sydney and quite regularly use them for a cheap treat. If you like a glass of wine or two remember a lot of Australian restaurants (not the posh ones, but your local thai, Chinese, pizza place etc.) do BYO wine which really cuts down the restaurant bill. If you are coming to Sydney let me know and I can give you some more tips!

LadyPenelopeCantDance Fri 10-Mar-17 05:12:57

We are just on the way home and booked most things online with Bookme which was much cheaper than booking directly. Viator also had a discount code we used too.

Ohthepressure Fri 10-Mar-17 05:40:05

Where are you going in Australia? There's a discount book called the Entertainment Book www.entertainmentbook.com.au/ which has lots of 2 for 1 vouchers for attractions and restaurants, plus some freebies I think. A friend bought us one when we moved over to Australia, although I haven't bought one recently as we don't do much outdoorsy apart from wandering along the beach.

TuckFrump Fri 10-Mar-17 06:04:18

I came on the say the Entertainment book. It includes discounts for attractions, restaurants, fast food places etc.

Have a look around the airport when you land, they often have fliers/booklets for each area with coupons in. Also, go to the tourist information centre, they usually have vouchers for local attractions too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now