Talk

Advanced search

Charlotte - North Carolina

(8 Posts)
TinfoilHattie Sat 25-Feb-17 11:00:52

Have 24 hours in Charlotte later in the year with a 12 year old in tow. Never been, haven't a clue about the city, anyone recommend the "must sees"?

RusholmeRuffian Mon 27-Feb-17 00:01:56

Unless you really like NASCAR there's not really any must dos. I think there's a theme park.

NewgatesKnockers Mon 27-Feb-17 00:09:22

South Park Mall is pretty nice, apart from that...I've got nothing

VimFuego101 Mon 27-Feb-17 00:27:18

There's a science center called Discovery Place that might be worth a look, or Carowinds theme park. Other than that you could go to the South Park mall as someone else mentioned and eat your own body weight at the Cheesecake Factory (I think it's hideous but everyone else seems to love it) maybe American Girl if your 12yo would like that, think they also have a Coach and an Apple Store. I think there's an aviation museum somewhere in the area too.

TinfoilHattie Mon 27-Feb-17 07:17:33

Doesn't sound like there's an awful lot to do then!! We will be catching up with my cousin and her kids while we're there, so it might end up to be hanging round the pool and chatting for a day instead.

Surprised that such a large city doesn't have much to see/do.

mummytime Mon 27-Feb-17 07:34:04

I really like the airport though - it has rocking chairs!

VimFuego101 Tue 28-Feb-17 02:11:04

There's a lot around it if you have a few hours to spend driving but I feel like there's not much in Charlotte itself. My inlaws live near there so we sometimes fly to there or Raleigh, but prefer to fly to Myrtle Beach, at least we can go to the beach if we have time to kill.

pillowcase6 Wed 01-Mar-17 05:56:19

With a 12 year old, the theme park would be fun.

At 800,000, I'm not too surprised that it's a bit of a blah town. I've not been to Charlotte but other US towns of that size and unless they're historically significant they are a bit boring.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now