Talk

Advanced search

Florida gulf coast - Marco Island or Naples?

(6 Posts)
Queasyrider Fri 17-Feb-17 22:07:27

We (me, DH and 3 DC aged 8, 10 & 11) are heading to Florida at Easter. After spending a few days at the parks in Orlando we want to rent a villa for a week somewhere on the Gulf coast. We've done a bit of research and think that either Naples or Marco Island may fit the bill. Does anyone have any opinions on which may be best?

dontcallmethatyoucunt Sat 18-Feb-17 08:17:42

Naples is very quiet. I went a few years ago and I would describe it as posh, quiet, with a lovely beach. We saw dolphins jumping in the sea and they were all hanging around the pier.

Marco island had more of a traditional beach location feel to it. A destination holiday spot. We stayed in a resort though so slightly different than a day trip. We were evacuated because a hurricane was coming so if I'm honest that was my abiding memory!

Scabetty Sun 26-Feb-17 08:04:00

We loved Marco Island though only visited for a day on way back from Everglades. Water was very calm so kids paddle boarded. I can still remember the sunset.

ImNotChangingMyUsernameAgain Sun 26-Feb-17 21:51:00

Try Captiva Island. It's gorgeous.

SorrelForbes Sun 26-Feb-17 21:52:31

Have a look at Cape Coral and Daniel too.

SorrelForbes Sun 26-Feb-17 21:52:57

*Sanibel!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now