Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Meals for 9 month old flying to Australia

(3 Posts)
AngeK Wed 28-Feb-07 14:07:07

Hello,

We're flying to Australia in a few weeks and don't really know what food to take for my LO. She's not that keen on food from jars, getting past the purée stage, so I was thinking about things like avocados, rice cakes, sandwiches? Stuff that I can carry easily and won't go off too quickly. I assume it's OK to take food like this for a baby on a plane? Does anyone have any other ideas about what I can feed her?

Thanks,
Angela

Incodnito Wed 28-Feb-07 14:08:45

you should be able to make your own food and bring it, keep in in a wee cool bag. I am sure the cabin crew would heat it in the microwave for you.

MaggieW Thu 01-Mar-07 12:39:08

I've done similar trip with both DD and DS at same stage. I took little snacky things - bits of ham, cheese, cucumber, raisins, grapes, bananas, little cream cheese and raisin sandwiches etc, so they could picnic as and when they felt like it. You'll always get bread roll, crackers and yoghurts on the flight, plus other fruit, so she won't go hungry, even if she doesn't eat the type of thing you'd normally give her.

On another front, I've discovered the sachets of calpol, nurofen etc ( Idon't get out much!!) Much better than bottles and also satisfy airline security requirements.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now