Talk

Advanced search

With a baby !!!

(7 Posts)
shodo Mon 13-Feb-17 09:40:10

Any tips going to Thailand with a 3 year old and 4 month old baby !!

mummymeister Wed 15-Feb-17 14:14:45

is it safe to travel with a 4 month old who wont have had all of the usual jabs. I would have a look at the government travel advice website and have a word with your GP or practice nurse. I wouldn't do it personally, what are the kids going to get out of this?

www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk/destinations/asia-(east)/thailand.aspx

I wouldn't travel with a 4 month old here I would pick somewhere a lot less hassle. FWIW I think it puts the baby at risk if he/she is going unimmunised. sorry, probably not the advice you wanted but would seriously look at this before you go.

LBOCS2 Wed 15-Feb-17 14:17:51

The jabs are done at 16 weeks. We took DD1 to Morocco at that age, it was fabulous - and much easier than the preschooler ;)

No advice re: long haul (we avoid it as I genuinely couldn't think of anything worse with mine!), but I'm sure people who have will have some good advice.

Kiwi32 Wed 15-Feb-17 14:21:49

There's a good thread in 30 days 'holiday hacks with small children'. Don't know how to link sorry! There's a tip about making a sleeping sling for the plane which looked especially good. Also check out website of airline you're planning to fly with-provisions are pretty good for kids with regards to carrycots etc onboard.

Kiwi32 Wed 15-Feb-17 14:22:07

There's a good thread in 30 days 'holiday hacks with small children'. Don't know how to link sorry! There's a tip about making a sleeping sling for the plane which looked especially good. Also check out website of airline you're planning to fly with-provisions are pretty good for kids with regards to carrycots etc onboard.

MrsGB2225 Wed 15-Feb-17 14:32:39

Put spare clothes in zip locked bags
Wrap up loads of different activities/toys for the 3yo
Sticker books are amazing
Get seats with a sky cot
Pack calpol/dummy for take off
What resort are you going to? Thai people are so lovely and child friendly. We stayed at a banyan tree resort and the staff prepped our villa for the baby... Baby bath, products, steriliser, beautiful cot, mosquito net. They would often hold him when we went down for dinner, they couldn't do enough for us!

IckleWicklePumperNickle Wed 15-Feb-17 14:52:35

Our youngest was 7 weeks on a trip to the states. Had 3 planes each way. An easy age with boobs attached and no real moving about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now