Talk

Advanced search

Long haul premium seats

(12 Posts)
Perfectlypurple Sun 12-Feb-17 16:42:32

Thinking of not having a holiday this year and having a bigger one next year.

We want to go back to Mexico to a resort we stayed at 4 years ago but in the more exclusive part with casitas so it feels a bit different and we get some privacy.

We usually go with first choice/Thomson but the only thing putting me off at the moment is the flight. It is 11 and a half hours and a night flight back so thinking of paying extra for premium seats. Has anyone flown premium with Thomson? What is it like? Are the seats a lot more comfortable?

TIA

selfishcrab Sun 12-Feb-17 16:45:10

I have a couple of times and it's ok,I think it's worth the money.

Perfectlypurple Sun 12-Feb-17 16:48:20

Thanks. We usually pay for seat selection so we can take that cost off it. I figure if we are going all out on a holiday it is worth doing. Last time I couldn't sleep on the way back and I got very wound up by it so hopefully a nicer mor comfortable seat will help.

celtiethree Sun 12-Feb-17 16:51:10

We went to Mexico with them last year and paid the money for seats with extra legroom. There is a section on the Dreamliner that gas this. It was worth it and the flight was pretty good. Much better than BA.

selfishcrab Sun 12-Feb-17 16:52:53

More space, a better selection of food (although not great), free drinks and loads of movies seals it for me.
After a long flight I want to feel ok at the other end, I sleep most of the flight and you get a better blanket and pillow smile

Ladydepp Wed 15-Feb-17 22:58:53

We went premium on Thomson recently, it was nice and definitely worth the extra but I must disagree with another poster and say it wasn't as good as BA Premium economy.

celtiethree Wed 15-Feb-17 23:22:28

Hi,just to clarify my comment wasn't re premium economy but the extra legroom. Thomson have an extra legroom section which costs more but not as much as preo economy.

loopyloo87 Mon 20-Feb-17 13:15:52

Sorry to hi jack, but what do you get for the BA Premium Econony seats please?

bojorojo Wed 22-Feb-17 17:54:17

More legroom! Slightly fewer seats from right to left. A bit more space around you. Food no different, no Champagne, and no use of the Club Lounge at T5. You get off the plane after Club passengers have gone but before Economy. A small cabin and usually space in the overhead lockers! If you cannot afford Club for the lie-flat beds, it is better than Economy.

Stopyourhavering Wed 22-Feb-17 20:41:31

Virgin premium economy is well worth it for this length of flight....they fly to Mexico

2014newme Sun 26-Feb-17 09:00:59

We are flying premium with Virgin I am not a fan of Thomson

bojorojo Sun 26-Feb-17 21:42:42

I flew Thompson shorthaul - once - it was horrible. Flight time brought forward by 4 hours to 6am! Never again. Go scheduled!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now