Talk

Advanced search

Anyone used a Jet Kids Bed Box

(8 Posts)
Wootle123 Sat 11-Feb-17 14:24:53

Came across these the other day:

jet-kids.com/

and wondering if anyone has any reviews / experience of using them? We are flying to Oz from London later this year with DCs aged 5 & 2. We're flying direct and economy so I am wondering if these might be worth investing in to help sleep....the only thing that puts me off is a.) the price and b.) that when you're there you've got to lug them around everywhere. We will be doing quite a lot of travelling (mostly by car) but I can see them being a bit annoying to carry especially the one the 2 yr old uses (5 yr old would probably pull her's at least part of the time!)

habibihabibi Sat 11-Feb-17 16:32:35

Far less cumbersome and really brilliant are the first class kids inflatable variety . I got mine in the Netherlands ( they post to the UK ). No bigger than a t-shirt when folded .
FYI - Emirates don't allow some versions of these, so do check if you are flying with them .

habibihabibi Sat 11-Feb-17 16:34:14

http://www.1stclasskid.com/

habibihabibi Sat 11-Feb-17 16:38:15

Blimey £130 . I think the first class kids were about £35.

InTheDessert Sat 11-Feb-17 16:44:31

Someone posted pictures the other day here, but search is down. I've also seen on Facebook.

Basically, open the tray table in front of you. Take one plane blanket, and knot a corner round the table frame - 2 corners, two knots. Fold and lock the table back in place.
Have 2 big safety pins.
Pin middle of blanket to the seat. Again, one each side.
Spread rest of banket over seat and put child on it. You basically get a flatish hammock bed for the child.

Wootle123 Sat 11-Feb-17 19:26:40

Thank you 1st class kid cushion looks ideal and much cheaper than the cumbersome suitcase option!

Wootle123 Sat 11-Feb-17 19:27:07

And the hammock idea is also good!

honeyroar Wed 15-Feb-17 01:32:00

I've seen the inflatable pillow thing on flights being used and it looked good. You'd need to put it in a window seat really, as could block other passengers from getting out.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: