Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been to Barbados with children?

(6 Posts)
tryingtogetbacktome Sun 05-Feb-17 19:33:38

Am currently looking at hols to Barbados for next Christmas. Does anyone have any recommendations of where to go? X

StrartinngfromHere Sun 05-Feb-17 20:33:26

The west coast (St James) has the calmest sea so I'd look at that. Do choose a hotel with a pool because sometimes even the West coast can be a bit rough.

There are plenty of hotels so just choose one which suits your budget. TBH I have never stayed in a bad one and I have been several times from when mine were quite small. Tamarind Cove probably has one of the best beaches. Almond Beach also fine. There is a decent selection on the Firstchoice website.

Do go out and travel around on the buses, they are cheap and plentiful and the local people IME are lovely with children. Food is generally good and there is a decent sized supermarket in Holetown (great name!) in the middle of the West coast Tripadviser link about local restaurants and supermarkets.

You'll have a fab time!

tryingtogetbacktome Sun 05-Feb-17 21:19:30

Thanks! Have you ever been in Dec / Jan? Weather ok? X

bojorojo Mon 06-Feb-17 00:10:29

Yes. Best time to go. Look at any upper or mid West Coast resort area. The good (more expensive) hotels are the guide to the best areas and beaches. The cheaper hotels are lower down on the west coast. There are loads of flights, it is direct and plenty of excellent hotels.

BeBeatrix Mon 06-Feb-17 00:16:15

Dec / Jan / Feb are the best times to go.

Hope you have a fab time!

swimster01 Sat 11-Feb-17 17:11:26

We went to the Tamarind and loved it - highly recommended!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now