Talk

Advanced search

New York in July/aug or October

(9 Posts)
AngelicCurls Sat 04-Feb-17 20:35:51

Just that really, not sure if it'll be a bit better when it's cooler in October?

bojorojo Sat 04-Feb-17 22:02:19

For me it would be October. Or very early July if you cannot manage June. The heat and humidity do build up in the summer and it is not very pleasant for sightseeing. However, the High Line with summer flowers would be worth the trip in early July! There is a reason New York empties out in Auhust and returns just before Labor Day!

RusholmeRuffian Sat 04-Feb-17 22:31:37

I would definitely choose October. Summer in NY can be oppressively hot and humid

Shelly32 Fri 10-Feb-17 14:36:49

It'll be all decorated up for Halloween too in October!

Marcipex Fri 10-Feb-17 14:41:02

October is great.

ArriettyClock1 Fri 10-Feb-17 20:21:36

I have never been in October, but I have been many times in July and August.

With the exception of 2 years ago - July and August are very, very hot.

LemonBreeland Fri 10-Feb-17 20:26:28

Apart from the fact that I wouldn't dream of travelling to the US at all atm. However, having lived there I would definitely say October. The summer is too hot.

ArriettyClock1 Fri 10-Feb-17 20:43:47

We have just booked for late July. I am not worried about the heat - it's worth it!

chipsandpeas Fri 10-Feb-17 21:14:34

i was there at the end of august, it was hot but bearable as you were always on the move, shops, museums etc all had air con so it wasnt like you were lying in 35 degree heat like you would on a beach holiday

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now