Talk

Advanced search

London to Canada (Vancouver) - which airline is best?

(10 Posts)
runner2 Mon 30-Jan-17 17:32:56

I'm scared of flying blush and long flights fill me with dread. We can only afford Economy seats when we go to Canada in the summer; can anyone recommend a particular airline - for comfort, customer service, in-flight entertainment ( and general distractions.....!! ) smile

mummymeister Tue 31-Jan-17 11:48:53

go and see your gp and get some tablets for your fear of flying. diazepam is a wonderful thing and I use it on all of my flights. there is no one airline that's going to be better than another so long as you pick one of the big name carriers like BA Air Canada delta etc. the problem is your fear of it. you can also try a free course run by the airlines and I found a hypnotist greatly helped me.

Cluedough Tue 31-Jan-17 11:51:27

Air Canada are great. I've flown economy with them. Meals are ok. Staff are lovely. Get your own TV.

I was scared of flying too. I just took some sleeping pills from boots which calmed me right down.

queencrunch Tue 31-Jan-17 11:52:14

Air Canada and BA lovely

Thomas Cook a bit cramped

But that was 7 years ago x

MirabelleTree Tue 31-Jan-17 11:53:26

I would not be in a hurry to do Air Transat again.

VimFuego101 Tue 31-Jan-17 11:59:37

Air Canada is basic but fine.

lovelyupnorth Tue 31-Jan-17 12:04:22

Westjet - comfort was excllent, in-flight is on an app - you can use your own or hire a tablet - excellent choice of films etc.

free soft drinks but you need to buy food - we pre brought ours which meant you also get extra -kitkat, fruit and a snack near landing - it cost about 10,00 each as was very good.

price wise was the cheapest we could find we transited through calgary onto the states. would use them again without hesitation

Cluedough Tue 31-Jan-17 12:06:39

Meals are free with Aircanada too. Morning flight was unlimited drinks. A sandwich. And then later pancakes, a roll, fruit, yogurt, water, juice.

The evening flight was the same but pasta or chicken.

Was ok for airline food.

Mamia15 Tue 31-Jan-17 19:17:58

Air Canada definitely. Last time we went to Vancouver, they had upgraded to new Dreamliner planes which is full of mod cons including plenty of entertainment. As for food, I had the veggie option which was a rather nice curry.

Cluedough Tue 31-Jan-17 21:02:19

The dreamliners are gorgeous. I went on one to Toronto and had 3 seats to myself and slept like a baby. Lots of space too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now