Talk

Advanced search

Winter Sun All Inclusive

(7 Posts)
OllyBJolly Tue 24-Jan-17 18:32:42

We always do self catering holidays - Scottish Highlands and Islands in winter or France in summer. Next year I want to go somewhere warm, and I want to be looked after. No cooking, no thinking about what to eat, where to go. I want to lie on a shady sun bed and read - with some intervals to go for a gentle swim.

Where would you suggest? Just DH and me.

JustPoppingBy Sun 29-Jan-17 09:06:06

I would recommend Mazagan beach resort & spa, el jadida, Morocco, we've been twice it has all you asked, and more I'd say. Wonderful for adults from mid sept as kids are back to school. It is approx' a 3 hr journey from Rabat airport.
All the staff were amazing, and the buffet breakfast and dinner is one of the best we've ever seen.
We did get a good deal through Travelzoo though, it's pretty expensive booking direct.

BitOutOfPractice Sun 29-Jan-17 11:53:16

I am currently in Marrakesh and it's glorious weather. Lots to do if you get fed up of lazing. All inclusive much better than I have experienced in turkey or Spain.

OllyBJolly Wed 01-Feb-17 10:59:39

Ooh! had never considered Morocco. 3 hour journey from airport is a bit off putting? I'll look into it.

I've only ever done one AI holiday and that was Mauritius. It was wonderful. Good food is important to us.

Thank you for your responses.

BitOutOfPractice Wed 01-Feb-17 11:15:46

We were in Marrakesh. 15 minutes from the airport.

JustPoppingBy Wed 01-Feb-17 15:13:22

Yes Marrakech is lovely too.
The mazagan place is like a palace on the beach, also, apparently, the king of Morocco holidays there privately so I guess it needs to be good smile
Arriving at a different airport is probably better.

spinduffy Fri 03-Feb-17 21:13:38

We enjoyed le meridian al aqah in UAE, but would definitely say you need to do the dine all around package there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now