Talk

Advanced search

Dubai Sofitel the Palm or Waldorf Astoria?

(5 Posts)
Mugglybuggly Thu 19-Jan-17 11:43:21

We can't decide! Which is better for a family of 3 to visit in March? We have a two year old DD. Thanks in advance

ihearttc Fri 20-Jan-17 17:40:46

I personally wouldn't stay on the Palm. Its a complete nightmare to get off.

We go to Dubai every 6 months or so since DS2 was 2. We always stay at the same hotel-Le Meridien Mina Seyahi. Its a small hotel by Dubai standards (although 5*). Its near the Marina. The staff are fantastic and it's lovely for children.

WhisperingLoudly Fri 20-Jan-17 17:45:07

Palm is difficult to get on and off but if you're wed to the idea and you're just going to be in the resort Sofitel is nicer IMO.

My preference would be for madinat jumierah

ripple11 Sat 21-Jan-17 21:37:20

Stayed on Palm last year at Anantara, which was fantastic (just past your two choices) and didnt have any problems getting on and off The Palm. Obviously it you want to go to various attractions on the mainland then it's less convenient however we enjoyed the relaxing beach, (very calm sea being protected from the ocean, ideal for young ones) and the views from The Palm.

Mugglybuggly Sat 21-Jan-17 23:12:49

Thanks for the replies, very interesting to read people's varying experiences!
Unfortunately I am no longer pregnant so we can fly further afield, but want to stay away from Zika so we're going to the Seychelles smile Will look back at the advice for our next holiday though, thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now