Talk

Advanced search

Thailand with children

(3 Posts)
Skinnydecafflatte Mon 16-Jan-17 16:34:22

Just wondering if anyone had any experiences/information/tips to share. Myself and DH went travelling there 17 years ago, backpacking around and loved it. We'd like to take the children this summer (DS 7 and DD 4 by then) so we know it'll be a completely different experience. We would probably book the first, maybe 2nd night in Bangkok and then look to travel somewhere else, maybe two places as we'll have 15 days. We don't want to do loads of places as the children will find it tiring but we want them to experience the place. We hope to just find places to stay when we arrive as it'll be a lot cheaper and we're on a bit of a budget. Any advice, help welcomed. Thanks

randomthoughts Mon 16-Jan-17 22:02:54

We're going to Kuala Lumpur and Phuket this Easter with our 2 (9 and 5). Personally I think the internet means that it is much easier to find places to stay before arrival than 17 years ago. I also wouldn't want to be hunting for somewhere to stay on a tight budget with kids in tow.

One of the tips I have gleaned from my research is to avoid the cheap boat trips at all costs. Although some can be more expensive they don't overfill their boats and have life vests for children.

mrsclaus100 Mon 16-Jan-17 22:24:47

Hi OP, Firstly i am majorly jealous - I absolutely love Thailand, went there for our honeymoon and we have always said we'll return one day with children. Kids still too young at the mo, but can tell you that where we stayed in Bangkok was relatively child friendly. The hotel was called Dusit Thani (rather high end but might be worth it for only 2 nights) right next to the sky train and easy to hop on to go to mbk (massive shopping centre full of knock offs) and not too far from the grand palace and the golden Buddha for a day trip. At night we could wander out of the hotel and experience the night markets and street food etc. Both my husband and I both commented that we felt safe enough there to take children. We then went onto a couple of islands but I won't bore you with the details! Good luck and enjoy your travels, I hope your kids love it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now