Talk

Advanced search

Costs in Langkawi

(10 Posts)
cardy1969 Sun 15-Jan-17 19:06:50

We're considering going to Malaysia on holiday and we're wondering about costs of things like local taxis and restaurants, specifically in KL and Langkawi. We're a family of 4 (teenage dds) and wondered what the cost of an average dinner out would be. Any advice appreciated.

CauliflowerFluffy Sun 15-Jan-17 19:08:21

Hi, we went to the same destinations about 12 years ago on honeymoon. For two of us, eating out at really good restaurants in both KL and Langkawi, for two weeks, we spent £400 grin it is really cheap.

cardy1969 Sun 15-Jan-17 20:52:24

Wow, that's great. I went about 18 years ago to KL and Borneo and the costs were very cheap. I just wondered if it's the same now?

spinduffy Sun 15-Jan-17 20:54:08

I was in langkawi lasy year on honeymoon. We stayed in the Danna and prices were standard 5 star prices. We are out a few nights and found it reasonable, but definitely not Thailand cheap. It is a beautiful island and I would love to be going back!

MummaGiles Sun 15-Jan-17 20:56:57

Oh god I love Langkawi. We stayed at the Berjaya. Found it very cheap. KL too (taxis are called teksis and there are two levels - normal and 'executif' and even the exec is super cheap).

cardy1969 Sun 15-Jan-17 22:26:43

Thank you, good to know. We are about to book the Berjaya, would you recommend it? Were there plenty of places to eat nearby and within the hotel?

PenelopeNitStop Mon 16-Jan-17 07:03:06

We stayed at the Berjaya, and loved it. We decided to upgrade rooms when we got there and it was much cheaper than doing that here.

PenelopeNitStop Mon 16-Jan-17 07:03:57

Lots of places to eat within the hotel.

spinduffy Mon 16-Jan-17 08:29:03

There isn't much round it, but they have a lovely Thai restaurant on water stilts- stunning views. I'm jealous

cardy1969 Mon 16-Jan-17 23:07:31

Thanks for the advice. Gald you liked it. We booked it today along with flights!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now