Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Seychelles or Mauritius!

(13 Posts)
Stopyourhavering Sat 14-Jan-17 11:45:39

Celebrating significant wedding anniversary end of September this year and will be going without dcs for first time in a long time
Can't decide between the 2!..... have a budget of £10k
We are intending flying business class ( prob Emirates)... does anyone have any recommendations?
Like a laid back vibe and love snorkelling/ wildlife
Have previously been to Caribbean x3(Antigua, St Kitts and Cuba) and Koh Samui

mouldycheesefan Mon 16-Jan-17 14:55:48

Seychelles is a lot more expensive than Mauritius.
I was disappointed with the snorkelling in Mauritius though it wasn't a patch on the Caribbean th reefs were dead sadly. However I have not been to Seychelles so don't know if it was better.

Sparklyuggs Sat 28-Jan-17 07:39:34

Seychelles is incredible! However you need to research in September which are the best beaches as this changes depending on the winds, I went in June and I suspect September has different top spots. What I loved about it is its isn't mass tourism, lots of small resorts and very low key. We did a 10 day trip to Praslin, La Digue and Mahe. All different and stunning! Flew with Emirates who were excellent and did self catering to keep the costs down.

Astella22 Wed 02-Aug-17 13:25:54

Look up the Hilton Labriz on Silhouette island in the Seychelles, expensive but sounds right up your street. Im going in 4 weeks....cannot wait!

Astella22 Wed 02-Aug-17 13:28:13

Apologies just realised the date on this tread, maybe next time, lol!

ineedwine99 Wed 02-Aug-17 13:31:55

Seychelles. No AI packages that i could find though and alcohol is expensive but it is STUNNING! We stayed on Mahe and traveled to La Digue for a day trip, a must!
I've heard Praslin is beautiful too. We stayed at the Constance Ephelia, gorgeous hotel.
An island private tour is great too as you call the shots about where to go.
Mauritius is beautiful but the beaches have A LOT of hotels built along them, we stayed at the Heritage Awali and again a fantastic hotel with a great AI package. Black River Gorges was a great place for walking and scenery.
If you can speak basic French then La Reunion is a beautiful island too, but they really don't speak much English

2014newme Thu 03-Aug-17 21:52:12

I liked Mauritius but I too was disappointed with the snorkeling especially compared to the Caribbean

2014newme Thu 03-Aug-17 21:53:27

Zombie

Stopyourhavering Fri 04-Aug-17 15:56:50

Not quite zombie.... we haven't been yet but booked to go to Seychelles end of September!!
1 week on Praslin staying at Constance Lemuria and the 1 week on Mahe at Constance Ephelia
Flying Emirates Business Class- to say I'm excited is an understatement!!
7 weeks and counting

Shadowboy Sat 05-Aug-17 10:10:57

Sounds fab! Please let us know what you think! We are thinking of one of these two for 2018 July!

honeyroar Wed 09-Aug-17 17:02:59

Good choice. Have a fantastic time.

EnidAlexandraRollins Wed 09-Aug-17 17:11:57

Random tip but if you are bothered about where you end up sitting in business class on Emirates, keep logging in to the Manage my Booking site. They change the aircrafts all the time in the run up to departure with the side effect that your seat reservations get deleted. I fly with my children so it is important to me...you may not be bothered!

My tip is do not be too close to the bar - depending on flight it can get noisy.

Have a fab time :-)

swimster01 Wed 09-Aug-17 19:03:14

Neither ... Maldives all the way for me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now