Talk

Advanced search

Dubai hotel recommendation

(2 Posts)
welshweasel Tue 10-Jan-17 15:34:56

Off to visit family in Abu Dhabi in February. Planning to drive to Dubai for 3 nights but have never been and have no idea where to stay. There will be 4 of us (me, DH, DSD15 and DS1) so ideally need interconnecting rooms or apartment. Any recommendations for hotels or good areas to look at? Also any thoughts about stuff to do with the one year old? (DSD will just want to hang out in malls!).

MardAsSnails Sat 21-Jan-17 05:06:11

There's plenty of hotels around with 2 bed apartments.

One problem you may come across is it's an expensive time to book hotels here, and different budgets will give different recommendations. Personally I'd be looking at JBR or marina area - there's a good range of prices available. You'd be near the metro for getting around if that took your fancy, there's the beach area and the Walk which is fab after the revamp and very close to the palm for the obligatory visit to Atlantis.

Personally I'd avoid the creek end of town, most of what you'll want to visit is Abu Dhabi end of Dubai anyway (I just don't like it past dubai mall, but that's just my opinion).

We did a few nights at doubletree by Hilton on JBR last year when we had visitors over. Room was fab, view was construction but it was a great sized 2 bed apartment right on JBR beach for walking to places.

Even with the baby, go to aquaventure or wild wadi - DSD will love it and there's plenty of splash park bits for the little one.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: