Talk

Advanced search

Clearwater Florida in august

(3 Posts)
Pinkpeanut27 Sun 08-Jan-17 16:59:56

Anyone tell me about the weather?
Last year we went to Miami and were told it was the rainy season .mwe had 1 afternoon shower and one evening one apart from that the weather was hit and sunny and dry. Would Clearwater area be similar?

thisagain Sun 08-Jan-17 17:08:07

We went one year in June and spent one week in Orlando and week in Clearwater. The weather in Orlando was very hot and humid with the usual really heavy storms most afternoons. We worried what the weather would be like for the next week when we wanted to be on the beach. However, as we drove towards the coast, the clouds cleared and we didn't see any rain that week. I don't know how usual that is.

We didn't like Clearwater much though and found it to be high rise buildings on a beach and lacking any holiday feel once we left our hotel. I have heard others say the same. This was about twenty three years ago though so it could have changed a lot and I'm sure many people like it.

QueenOnAPlate Sun 08-Jan-17 17:16:24

We went last year for a weekend and it was lovely- really hot in the day, but lots of sun shelters on the beach. There were storms at night but they were beautiful and refreshing rather than disruptive, though i love the extreme weather of Florida!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now