Talk

Advanced search

Booking.com

(12 Posts)
Pinkpeanut27 Thu 05-Jan-17 17:39:55

I've just been looking at a holiday and can save quite a bit by booking with booking.com, however I need interconnecting rooms with queen beds and not king beds . Do you know if once I've booked I coukd call up the hotel direct and request this ?
It basically brings the holiday into budget rather than going over .

SJane45S Fri 06-Jan-17 07:56:15

You could request it when booking and then email the hotel direct with the ref number and ask them to confirm you'll have Queen beds. As you'll only be able to request this when booking (and worse case scenario, the hotel might say no). I'd definitely go for an option with no cancellation penalties. From experience, booking.com do penalise so read the small print & make sure it's defo free cancellation.

SJane45S Fri 06-Jan-17 07:57:51

And email the hotel - don't call - so you've got written confirmation not verbal (which they could deny!)

AttilaTheMeerkat Fri 06-Jan-17 10:08:14

Pink

With a request like this I would book directly with the hotel rather than use a third party.

Not all US hotels rooms by any means have both interconnecting rooms and queen beds so it is best to check with the hotel directly before and after making the booking. Written confirmation in e-mails is also well worth having.

Pinkpeanut27 Sat 07-Jan-17 08:32:58

Thanks

Evergreen777 Sat 07-Jan-17 08:41:05

I've just booked with booking.com and accidentally booked the wrong type of room for one of the rooms I booked. There was a facility within booking.com to contact the hotel directly and it was easy to get it corrected.

I'd make very sure first that they do have interconnecting rooms available on the dates you want though if it's critical to you.

Pinkpeanut27 Sat 07-Jan-17 08:59:05

I have tried the hotels directly and they will only say to be confirmed at arrival. We did the same last year and went through trail finders , both hotels did not reserve interconnecting rooms or twin bed rooms and we had to change them on check in which worked but was stressful. I have a feeling we were upgraded at least once so we were very lucky. I just wanted to avoid the hassle this year after a long flight but it seems impossible .

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 07-Jan-17 12:33:19

"I have tried the hotels directly and they will only say to be confirmed at arrival".

If they do that I would stay somewhere else in any event. I would look at the hotel's websites to confirm the types of rooms they offer. A suite based hotel may be more suitable to your requirements anyway as they are more likely to be able to offer interconnecting rooms.

Would suggesting booking all sectors yourself too.

Sarahsea1 Sat 07-Jan-17 12:42:13

Slightly off topic but if you do book with booking.com, do it bia Top Cashback - think it's 3% back, which is a sizeable sum on a holiday.

Pinkpeanut27 Sat 07-Jan-17 14:35:28

I have tried lots of hotels and not many offer suites that have 4 beds and at least 2 rooms .

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 07-Jan-17 16:07:19

Many standard US hotel rooms are either one king bed or two queen beds. Sometimes there is also a sofabed in the room also.

Some Embassy Suites and Hampton Inns (that chain in particular) do cater more for families by offering interconnecting rooms.

Your children will not be able to have their own room unless it interconnects with your room.

Pinkpeanut27 Sat 07-Jan-17 16:36:31

I know this is why we rarely travel in hotels have 3 kids 7 14,14 makes it tricky ! The 14 yr olds hate the sight of each other and the 7 yr old needs to sleep earlier considerably than the rest of us !! 2 interconnecting rooms works well if we can get a King 2 queens and a sofa . Apparently Americans are more relaxed about sharing !!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now