Talk

Advanced search

Am I mad flying to Dubai with DS (5)

(13 Posts)
startingtolooklikemother Wed 14-Dec-16 20:44:27

I need the sun!! Looking at Dubai in February but we've never been and although it looks like a great place for families is it?
I'm looking at doing an overnight flight there and staying at a 5* hotel which is all inclusive. The hotel isn't on the beach but has a free shuttle bus to their beach club which is about 10 mins away. It's only a week but am I mad flying for 7 hours with DS and DH, is Dubai worth it or should I just hang on for summer and go to Spain and make it easy for myself?

Teacupinastorm Wed 14-Dec-16 20:49:41

Personally I wouldn't take kids to dubai for a holiday. But I'm sure others have and found it fine! There's lots of through the night flights to Dubai so that could be an option?

SaintEyning Wed 14-Dec-16 20:51:35

I did it on my own with DS last year who was 5. It was awesome! The time difference is perfect as he can stay up late, get up late and stick to UK time. Lovely weather but really not much to do but lie about in the sun, shop and eat. We loved it!

MozzchopsThirty Wed 14-Dec-16 21:02:22

I would, there's lots to do on long haul flights (tv, films & games) that my dcs are better than on short haul

I love Dubai and if your dcs just like to be at the pool day in day out then you'll be fine

Which hotel are you looking at?

AuntieMay Wed 14-Dec-16 21:07:42

It will be fine, have done lots of flights similar length with a combination of 1/2/3 children and with/ without DH. Longer flights are much Easier than short haul - more to see/do and broken up by meals and films.

startingtolooklikemother Wed 14-Dec-16 21:14:34

Thanks for the replies I'm looking at http://www.movenpick.com/en/middle-east/uae/dubai/hotel-dubai-ibn-battuta/overview/?utmsource=google&utmm_medium=local&utm_campaign=Glocal+dubai-ibn-battuta

2016Bambino Sat 17-Dec-16 09:50:48

We went last year with a 3 year old. We flew direct with Emirates. The flights were excellent and they have loads of entertainment for kids on the seat back TVs, special meals, games and colouring books etc.
We only stayed bed and breakfast as there is loads to see and do. My son loved the aquarium in the shopping mall and we went on the monorail to Atlantis amongst other things.
They've just opened Legoland Dubai too.

Scotinoz Mon 19-Dec-16 21:42:28

I've flown long haul with two under 3s a couple of times and it's totally fine. 7 hours is a walk in the park 😀

Dubai was fun - beach, pool, plenty to do. I'd go, and wouldn't hesitate to take my two small children

ripple11 Tue 27-Dec-16 18:55:40

Great place for a relaxing holiday.
Relatively easy flight, lots of choice.
Fantastic hotels, gtd weather, very safe, lots to do and see, no mozzies,
uk plugs:=))....cheap taxis but generally expensive food/drink.

Enjoy!

noenergy Wed 28-Dec-16 08:38:47

I always do overnight flights to ensure DC sleep, 3 DC 6,3,2.

So much for them to do there.

Pool, water parks, creek park, magic planet, aquarium, kidzania, dolphin show

Puzzledmum Wed 28-Dec-16 23:33:24

I would! There are so many things to do for kids there! It is a great place, you'll love it! We have been 4 times, our daughter was 6 the first time we went and she had a ball! Go for it!

KeyserSophie Thu 29-Dec-16 12:59:52

Just be aware it might not be that hot in Feb. It won't be cold, but Dubai does have seasons so a light sweater in the mornings and evenings may be required and it may not really be sunbathing weather

ihearttc Sun 08-Jan-17 12:38:01

Ive been to Dubai several times as well. DS2 is now 6 and has been 4 times!

I know it's not everyone's idea of a lovely holiday but we love it. So much to do for children and everyone is really friendly.

Which hotel are you looking at?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now