Talk

Advanced search

Birthday in Florida

(6 Posts)
PoptartPoptart Thu 08-Dec-16 20:00:26

We are off to Florida next August for a once in a lifetime family holiday. While we're there it will DS's 12th birthday. I'm trying to think of ways to make it special and a bit different, as to be honest I think everyday there will be pretty amazing! He wants to go to Typhoon Lagoon in the day, followed by dinner at Teppen Edo in Epcot and then fireworks. But the thing is, we would've done those things anyway iyswim, so how can I make it stand out as his birthday rather than just another day on holiday? I'm thinking of trying to organise a cake at the restaurant, but what else can I do to make it his special day?

OP’s posts: |
tissuesosoft Thu 08-Dec-16 20:02:34

If you go to a supermarket you could pick out a cake and they decorate it. How about the Kennedy space centre to visit?

OllyBJolly Thu 08-Dec-16 20:05:11

Disney are great at this. Just tell the restaurant it's his birthday and they'll do the rest. Make sure you pick up a birthday badge at one of the parks and if he wears it on his birthday the Cast Members might just do something nice for him.

We had our "Just Married" badges on and got lots of "Congratulations" and even some free drinks and desserts.

Another thought - if you're looking for an extra special day, have a look at Discovery Cove. If it's a birthday you can book a celebration package that gives you a cabana and a dolphin swim. It's expensive, but easily the best day of our holiday - and all food and drink is included.

Have a great holiday.

PoptartPoptart Thu 08-Dec-16 20:11:34

Thanks for the ideas, I'm guessing I'll have to take his passport as proof it's his birthday to get a birthday badge? Or should I just take my own for him?

OP’s posts: |
OllyBJolly Thu 08-Dec-16 20:15:51

They don't check. Guess they rely on people being honest. (My sister always says it's one of the DCs birthdays when she is travelling. My two hated going anywhere with her!)

Here is info on Discovery Cove discoverycove.com/

BaconAndAvocado Sun 11-Dec-16 21:38:17

I second Discovery Cove .

We went there for my birthday last year and it was wonderful. Snorkelling with the rays was breathtaking.

We are returning to Florida next year and for DD's 9th birthday we plan to,visit the Toothsome Chocolate Factory (?) restaurant at Universal.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in