Talk

Advanced search

Mauritius and vaccinations

(2 Posts)
Sally31 Tue 13-Feb-07 15:47:00

I am planning to take my 16 month-old baby on holiday in March to Mauritius. Does anyone have any advice about specific vaccinations for babies? I have an appointment with the nurse at my GP this week to talk about it but I am starting to get worried. Also if anyone has been on holiday to Mauritius with a child of a similar age, I would appreciate some tips.

Blu Thu 15-Feb-07 11:39:18

WE took DS to Mauritius when he was 8 months, and he had no vax at all - or not in addition to his normal baby ones. Then we took him later (aged 3) and found out that it was advisable to have one of the Hep Vax's - I forget which, but in all honesty, if you are staying in a hotel you shouldn't need any special precautions at all. Except lots of herbal mosquito repellant, sunscreen and keep him out of the sun at all times. All the beaches have good shade. DS loved the mini-pineapples sold ready to eat - kids can hold them by the stripped down stalk and eat them like lollipops. It's a great place for babies, very safe sea, warm and calm, nice peopel, everything safe.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »