Talk

Advanced search

Tulum

(6 Posts)
porridgeandwasp Sun 06-Nov-16 08:43:53

Currently planning a family holiday to Tulum around February half term with DH, DS1 (11) and DS2 (7).

We are not fans of hotels for lots of reasons, the main one being cost! I just can not seem to find any self catering properties actually on the beach at Tulum, only hotels.

Do self catering villas / units exist on Tulum beach for around £200 a night? Or do we need to stay in Tulum itself?

Can anyone recommend accommodation which might suit us?

Thanks!

porridgeandwasp Sun 06-Nov-16 08:46:08

Errrr, obviously title should read TULUM not feking TULIP!!

ChittyBB Sun 06-Nov-16 08:51:04

We stayed in a villa here and it was pure heaven: www.i-escape.com/tulum-beach-houses

poxyproxy Sun 06-Nov-16 08:54:16

We were in Tulum this summer. I'd definitely choose the beach area over the town.
It seemed to be mostly eco retreat type hotels but several of them have villas attached to the hotels.

Be aware that quite a few places describe themselves as Tulum when they're some distance away.

Tulum is gorgeous BTW

ChittyBB Sun 06-Nov-16 08:56:35

Sorry, just realised that out of your price range. The same site has some cheaper options like cabanas but not self catering: www.i-escape.com/cabanas-la-luna

porridgeandwasp Sun 06-Nov-16 09:54:42

Cabanas La Luna looks ideal! I've emailed them to check availability but I have a feeling they might be fully booked as nothing is coming up on their site.

So if anyone else has any other recommendations they would be gratefully received....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now