Talk

Advanced search

Mauritius - July/August

(5 Posts)
c0vb1rd Sat 05-Nov-16 19:14:09

Hi, thinking about Maurtitus for next year dd are 8 & 5 and looks like there are quite a few things they offer. The only thing that seems to be putting me off is i see the temp is early 20's. If anyone has been at this time of year can you let me know please what it was like and if you would recommend certain resorts. Thanks in advance.

2014newme Sat 05-Nov-16 19:17:14

Took our five year olds to the maritim hotel it was wonderful.

c0vb1rd Sat 05-Nov-16 19:19:19

Agghhh thats great to hear, what time of year did you go?

2014newme Sat 05-Nov-16 20:44:10

We went in may

5notrumps Thu 10-Nov-16 15:30:36

It is not hot in our summer which is their winter - usually around 25 degrees. You can also get cloudy/rainy days when a trip around the island is preferable to sitting on the beach.
If you do go in July August make sure you go to a resort on the west coast as the east coast resorts can be very windy.
We have been to La Pirogue and Sugar Beach which are actually interconnected and would recommend.
We have been to the Caribbean before but the advantage of Mauritius imo is that there are many interesting places to visit on the island so you are not limited to the beach.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now