Dubai anyone? (Atlantis especially)

(7 Posts)
Tliev Sun 30-Oct-16 14:22:05

Going to Dubai next year for three nights staying at Atlantis.

Anyone been?

How expensive is the food?

Can I wear a bikini in the waterpark?

Any other tips?

Also what's the weather like September/October?

PestoSwimissimos Sun 30-Oct-16 15:22:34

We went for 3 nights this summer, just to do the waterpark. We stayed half-board so only had lunches to pay for. A fast food lunch in the park cost us about £45.00 for the 3 of us each day. We took our own bottles of water with us.

You can wear a bikini but you might find you want something more sturdy for going on the slides. We wore ours with a rash vest.

InTheDessert Sun 30-Oct-16 15:29:34

Middle East, a little further north than Dubai.
When exactly are you going? The last 2-3 weeks the temperature has plummeted. We are now averaging low 20s over night and mid-high 30s in the day. Early September we were daily way above 40, dropping into the 30s over night.

Strongly recommend a rash fest as an option to protect your skin from the sun.

feesh Sun 30-Oct-16 15:59:01

September is awful, weather-wise as the only drops in temperature are actually driven by rising humidity which is actually much worse. October isn't much fun either during the day, but at least you can go outside during the evening in October.

farfarawayfromhome Fri 18-Nov-16 06:10:53

september is still very very very hot - think 48 degrees and super humid. mid october it starts cooling down a little.

bikini - no problem.

food and drink - very expensive, especially considering the state of the pound right now.

personally i can't stand atlantis, it's very very touristy and busy...any other options?

expect a salad for lunch to cost around 12-15 GBP and a glass of wine 15 GBP.

habibihabibi Fri 18-Nov-16 16:12:40

The waterpark is absolutely terrific but the hotel is always heaving and far from the nicest place in Dubai. It really appeals to children though, the aquarium is impressive and there are massive buffets with thousands of sweets and sugary shite ( even at breakfast). On a budget , worth stopping at the service station just at the entrance to the palm and buy kids snacks and drinks to take in. You can buy booze at the airport on the way into Dubai but there are no off licenses anywhere else for tourists.
I think there is a club floor option that includes alcohol.
Drink plenty of water , September is horrid, so hot and humid, you will get very dehydrated quickly.

mysteryfairy Fri 18-Nov-16 22:40:07

I stopped over in Dubai the weekend of 1 October this year on my way home from a work trip to visit family. It was definitely very hot but not unbearable. So if you're going late September you will hopefully be ok with the temperature.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now