Talk

Advanced search

NY check out this view!

(7 Posts)
TSSDNCOP Sat 29-Oct-16 15:21:03

Arrived late in NYC last night, gtabbed dinner and crashed without paying much attention to the view.

Drew up the blind to this! So that's one thing off the to visit list [thigrin]

W Downtown.

originalmavis Sat 29-Oct-16 15:23:39

I am so jealous!

PikachuSayBoo Sat 29-Oct-16 15:39:23

Is that ground zero?

ImperialBlether Sat 29-Oct-16 15:41:52

Whereabouts are you staying? I'm going next summer and can't wait!

Has anyone used an AirB&B in NY?

Somerville Sat 29-Oct-16 15:50:49

I've turned down staying at the Milennium Hilton for a conference before now because I would find that view really disturbing. I know it's a memorial and many other people wouldn't feel the same about it though.

Hope you have a good trip.

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 29-Oct-16 17:27:15

Yes that is Ground Zero.

Do visit the Freedom Tower observatory if you can.

Imperial Blether- do not use Airbnb in NYC because short term lets of less than 30 days in the 5 boroughs are illegal. Also such sites never check the veracity of listings and people have been caught out. Would suggest you stay in a hotel instead because you will have some comeback if there are any problems.

TSSDNCOP Sat 29-Oct-16 22:26:53

The hotel is the W Downtown. There is an awesome nightclub bar in the lobby and everyone's gone Halloween crazy.

It's funny, because I come to NY Frequently and I've never been to Ground Zero or the memorial until today. We walked across it to get to Battery Park for Ellis Island and It was very moving. The Freedom Tower is fantastic, but if like me you're afraid of heights not a doer.

It was however the ideal opportunity to show DS 9 and explain what happened on 9/11.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now