Talk

Advanced search

Suggestions for long haul with 2 & 4 year old

(4 Posts)
pillowaddict Sun 23-Oct-16 12:40:07

Dd starts school next year so before we are contained by school holidays we'd like to do a big ish trip and go away for 2 weeks in may. We also have a 2 year old so somewhere with direct flights from Scotland would be preferable, problem is I would like to go so many places I don't know where to start looking!

Can anyone suggest somewhere that might be a long flight but worth it with children our ages? Budget of around £6000 (for all 4 of us!) Plus spending money. TIA!

Astro55 Sun 23-Oct-16 12:43:16

Look on your local airport for the routes - this will give you direct flights

Then look at icelolly.com for ideas - plenty around!

Depend if you want Disney or beach or both!

Rainshowers Sun 23-Oct-16 12:54:12

We took our two and a half year old to Caifornia in September. We flew into LA (stayed in Santa Monica), drove up the coast with a few stops along the way and finished in San Franscico. We had the best time and found a good balance of things to do that were fun for all of us. We spent time on the beach, visited a couple of kids museums, bike rides, swimming etc so there was plenty for her to enjoy. She also coped really well with the flight/time difference.

If she was a little older we probably would have done Disney while in Los Angeles but felt she was a bit too small to appreciate it and as it was Memorial day weekend it would have been really busy.

pillowaddict Sun 23-Oct-16 15:06:31

That sounds amazing actually, I've been to San Francisco and loved it! Thanks for the suggestion

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now