Talk

Advanced search

Suggestions for long haul with 2 & 4 year old

(4 Posts)
pillowaddict Sun 23-Oct-16 12:40:07

Dd starts school next year so before we are contained by school holidays we'd like to do a big ish trip and go away for 2 weeks in may. We also have a 2 year old so somewhere with direct flights from Scotland would be preferable, problem is I would like to go so many places I don't know where to start looking!

Can anyone suggest somewhere that might be a long flight but worth it with children our ages? Budget of around £6000 (for all 4 of us!) Plus spending money. TIA!

OP’s posts: |
Astro55 Sun 23-Oct-16 12:43:16

Look on your local airport for the routes - this will give you direct flights

Then look at icelolly.com for ideas - plenty around!

Depend if you want Disney or beach or both!

Rainshowers Sun 23-Oct-16 12:54:12

We took our two and a half year old to Caifornia in September. We flew into LA (stayed in Santa Monica), drove up the coast with a few stops along the way and finished in San Franscico. We had the best time and found a good balance of things to do that were fun for all of us. We spent time on the beach, visited a couple of kids museums, bike rides, swimming etc so there was plenty for her to enjoy. She also coped really well with the flight/time difference.

If she was a little older we probably would have done Disney while in Los Angeles but felt she was a bit too small to appreciate it and as it was Memorial day weekend it would have been really busy.

pillowaddict Sun 23-Oct-16 15:06:31

That sounds amazing actually, I've been to San Francisco and loved it! Thanks for the suggestion

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in