Talk

Advanced search

summer get together between Oz and UK - help!

(7 Posts)
RosieLig Tue 18-Oct-16 22:39:14

Hi

I'm looking for some inspiration of where to go between the UK and Oz in July.

It will be 3 brothers plus wives and kids meeting up with 2 families coming from the UK and one coming from Oz.

We're looking for catering - either villa or hotel and a pool. Somewhere a bit interesting with some culture as well as a beach.

It's July so I think a lot of the Far East will be wet. Any other ideas? There will be 6 adults and 7 kids (between 5 and 16 years old).

Any thoughts would be brilliant. Thanks!

Teds77 Wed 19-Oct-16 07:26:10

I think someone recently recommended Borneo as a good option for July.

How about going the 'other way' and going to California?

ShanghaiDiva Wed 19-Oct-16 13:19:41

Borneo is dry in July as are Bali and Java and Hoi An in Vietnam.

gettingitwrongputtingitright Wed 19-Oct-16 13:22:49

Marituis.

RosieLig Wed 19-Oct-16 19:57:30

Thanks all. Borneo is an interesting thought. Think it may be malarial but will investigate....

Hoi An in Vietnam sounds interesting too....is there enough to do for a few weeks? We may stay on an travel around a bit - our kids are older so we're up for a bit more adventure!

I though Mauritius too but I'm not sure how much there is to do out of resorts. I'll look into it.

California would be great but we've just been there.

I wondered about Costa Rica?

Kirriemuir Wed 19-Oct-16 22:39:22

San Francisco would be good. Hawaii is doable. Hong Kong? Stay away from the Middle East. Too hot.

ShanghaiDiva Thu 20-Oct-16 00:36:18

Hoi An is a lovely town, but probably not enough to do for for more than a week. You could take the train or fly to Hanoi - but weather may be a bit wet and overcast there. Alternatively go down to HCMC. Vietnam is easy to travel around. Sapa in the north will be really wet then, but I was in Hanoi in July this year and we only had one rainy day. Halong Bay is also not ideal at that time of year, but again, you may be lucky with the weather and can take a trip at short notice. It's easy to get there from Hanoi.
The coastal areas in Borneo - Kota Kinabalu or Kuching are malaria free. Kuching is nicer imo - great restaurants, long houses, go kayaking, visit long houses etc.
You could always add HK or Singapore into the itinerary.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now