Talk

Advanced search

Vaccinations for Sengal???

(4 Posts)
sunnydelight Sun 04-Feb-07 12:06:09

I'm going to visit a friend of mine in Dakar in March (a child free week so as you can imagine I am very excited!). Various websites give long lists of recommended vaccinations, but as I react really badly to pretty much all medication I only want what is really necessary. My tetanus is up to date and I will take precautions against malaria as I seem to be a mozzy magnet - bearing in mind it is only a week and I will be staying in a friend's apartment I was thinking of risking the rest. Anyone have any experience/opinions? (My friend works for Oxfam and is off to the back of beyond for the next couple of weeks with no internet access so I can't ask her).

FluffyMummy123 Sun 04-Feb-07 12:12:01

Message withdrawn

MrsBadger Sun 04-Feb-07 12:18:09

The vital ones for me are tetanus and polio - typhoid / dip / HepA will make you sick and/or cut short your trip but polio is a real bastard.

Don't know what their take is on yellow fever though - some places you can't get into the country without a cert. saying you've been jabbed...

sunnydelight Mon 05-Feb-07 14:11:13

Good to hear Cod, I've been told it's pretty gorgeous. Thanks for your input MrsB, apparantly I do have to have yellow fever.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »