Talk

Advanced search

Looking for a hotel recommendation in New York

(8 Posts)
Mirandawest Sun 28-Aug-16 18:15:20

DH and I are going on honeymoon to New York in October. Have the majority of our accommodation sorted and are staying in Brooklyn for most of it, but want to spend our last night in Manhattan.

We would like to spend between about £200 and £250, be fairly close to Central Park and be towards the south end of it (have stayed in Harlem before but would like to be more central for this night).

Will be the night of 13th October and we are grateful for any suggestions smile

everygalaxy Sun 28-Aug-16 18:17:46

We stayed in the crowne plaza Times Square on part of our honeymoon - I loved the views and the room was lovely. My parents paid as a wedding gift though so not sure on price.

OldGuard Sun 28-Aug-16 18:27:10

The two I like the best are the Knickerbocker
Www.theknickerbocker.com
Which has a great roof top bar

And

The Eventi
www.hoteleventi.com
Which has lovely free happy hour

WreckTangled Sun 28-Aug-16 18:28:30

We stayed at the distrikt hotel for our honeymoon. Not a bad thing to say about it.

mostlysinging Sun 28-Aug-16 18:32:35

We've just stayed at Omni Parker House - it's on 52nd and Madison which we found to be a great location as could walk to pretty much everywhere we wanted. We went to drinks at the Hudson which has a great roof top bar as well.

JWIM Sat 03-Sep-16 22:29:28

Loews Hotel is just on the SE corner of Central Park. Not sure of current room rates.

We have just returned and stayed at the Library Hotel at 41st and Madison. Absolutely fab in every regard, but a bit south of your preference for Central Park. It is a two minute walk to Grand Central so well connected for transport.

JohnLapsleyParlabane Sat 03-Sep-16 22:35:58

Second the Library Hotel. Currently dropping hints for a return there!

Southernc0mfortmirror Sat 03-Sep-16 22:43:34

I've stayed at the Wellington, which is very close to Central Park(i.e. 2 blocks from the front door). It was in the middle of being refurbished but I believe this is finished now. I've also stayed at the New Yorker, which was lovely and very close to the Empire State Building. I do very much want to stay at the Library Hotel though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now