Dubai or Thailand for October half term.

(7 Posts)
EarSlaps Fri 26-Aug-16 23:28:29

We been looking at holidays for October half term and we're going around in circles right now.

We have a two week half term holiday from 24 October to 4 November and want up to 10 days holiday in that. Budget up to about £3500? (Depends on costs when there, if room only or full board etc) for two adults, 4 and 7 yo children.

Dh is a sun worshipper so something warm and sunny is a must. Costa Rica is still low season so very few places open, Florida is not dh's cup of tea, Caribbean either too windy or too expensive etc. Sri Lanka is monsoon season.

We were quite set on Dubai (guaranteed fairly decent weather), I worried it would be too sterile. Then we started looking at Thailand and we've found a good deal in Krabi. But wondering whether it will be too wet then or not.

Any suggestions for a slightly luxury but not too expensive half term break?

ShanghaiDiva Sun 28-Aug-16 10:22:23

I think Krabi will still be wet then. I live in Asia and a lot of places are just coming out of the wet season in October.
What about Langkawi?

ShanghaiDiva Sun 28-Aug-16 10:23:48

I use this website to check the weather in SE Asia.

ShanghaiDiva Sun 28-Aug-16 10:24:19

would help if I posted it!
www.selectiveasia.com/vietnam-holidays/weather/october

schbittery Sun 28-Aug-16 10:25:46

placemarking as am looking for same thing.

Move2yorkshire Sun 28-Aug-16 11:44:35

We are going to Oman for October half term. Looks like weather will be great and less garish than Dubai

EarSlaps Sun 28-Aug-16 23:40:49

Suddenly lots of messages! smile Agree that Langkawi is amazing but we went for our honeymoon and flights are probably a bit further than we would have liked.

We actually had a complete change of heart and have ended up booking Florida for 10 nights. It's coming out cheaper than Thailand or Dubai and should be a nice easy option with young children. Rather I should say dh had a change of heart, I suggested Florida ages ago. We are flying into Tampa and spending five nights at Clearwater and five nights in Orlando.

Not exactly off the beaten track but with restless young children it's sometimes nice to take the easy way out. After bumping into friends earlier who had their photo taken with chewbacca at Disney Hollywood Studios dh couldn't book the flights quickly enough grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now