Talk

Advanced search

Ras Al Khaimah

(5 Posts)
EarSlaps Thu 07-Jul-16 21:48:24

We're heading off at the end of October/start of November for a holiday as the DCs' school is having a two week half term. They are 4 and 7.

Dh is desperate for sunshine and I want a good rest. We've looked at the Canaries but the good All Inc resorts are still fairly pricey.

We looked at Dubai as the flight isn't too far and we should get plenty of sunshine. But RAK seems to be a lot cheaper, both the hotels and food, drink etc. I know it doesn't have all the crazy bling etc but we're not that interested in that.

Has anyone stayed in RAK? We were thinking of the Hilton DoubleTree.

mouldycheesefan Fri 08-Jul-16 09:51:12

I think it's cheaper because there isn't much there. But if you just want to fly and flop that may not bother you.

EarSlaps Fri 08-Jul-16 23:34:01

We're thinking maybe a couple of nights in Dubai to see all the crazy stuff, then off to RAK to chill.

Ds2 will have just finished his first half term at school so I can't see him being up for much but chilling.

SJane45S Tue 12-Jul-16 17:55:29

I used to live in Dubai many years ago so things have changed (massively) in Dubai since but apparently not that much in RAK. Spent some holidays there - in terms of pro's, it'll be hot, it's got some scenic coastline, mountains and it's pretty undeveloped. On the negative, there's really very little to do other than drive around. Oman is far more interesting, has more history & developed cities as well as the coastline, mountains etc. RAK is ok if you're in the area but certainly wouldn't make a special trip to go there!

EarSlaps Thu 14-Jul-16 22:06:21

Sorry, just saw this. We did like the look of Oman but it seemed a bit more expensive.

To be honest I think we mostly just want to flop, so not sure we will venture too far out of the hotel. I think a city hotel in Dubai to see the sights there and then a chill in RAK could be a good option.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now