Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Brisbane in Aug/Sep

(2 Posts)
aseaand3stars Mon 13-Jun-16 11:16:59

Would love some advice. DH has to go to Brisbane for work, the plan is that he will work while I explore Brisbane for a week. He has tagged on a week's annual leave, so we can then go further afield.

I thought about driving to Byron Bay and the Gold Coast, but it's a little bit too hippie trail for us (I'm sure it's gorgeous, it's us that's the problem grin). I'm thinking about going north and saw the Glasshouse mountains, but that's it, that's all I've got so far.

What shouldn't we miss? We're both late 40s, love nature (but need a very comfy bed at the end of the day). We're not really interested in, "Bustling nightlife," we're more the quiet restaurant types. We're happy to walk most of the day.

Any advice would be very, very much appreciated.

HarrogateMum Thu 16-Jun-16 13:18:48

I would go north to the Sunshine Coast rather than do the Gold Coast - Gold Coast is where Surfers Paradise is and is more touristy. Sunshine Coast (Mooloolaba, Maroochydore etc) is quieter and gorgeous. Sunshine Coast hinterland is lovely too so places like Maleny if you look them up. Inland from Brisbane is Tamborine Mountain too, good for bushwalks and the like!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now