Where can we go in November?

(8 Posts)
Silvertap Sat 11-Jun-16 20:39:10

We've just got back from our first family holiday abroad and LOVED it. (Thomson Family Life jobbie)

We've got the bug now and are already thinking about our next holiday.

Problem is, due to work we are looking at November for our family holidays in the future. I know nothing about long haul. We would have a 2 year old and a three year old this November.

We'd like:
Hot enough to sunbathe/play on the beach
All inclusive
Kids clubs for 2 & 3 year old. (or at least a babysitting service in the evening)
As short a flight time as possible
Good food and lots of it.
Like to try and keep it under 4k

We're not confident travellers - we liked the fact that we just turned up and could totally relax last week as everything was done for us.

So, where can we go?!

ShanghaiDiva Sun 12-Jun-16 13:25:02

Dubai?
Far East is nice and warm but flights are long - Phuket, Thailand ticks a lot of your requirements, but not sure if it's doable on your budget.

Caper86 Sun 12-Jun-16 13:27:13

Canaries are hot at that time, and not too long of a flight.

blueskyinmarch Sun 12-Jun-16 13:34:48

Tenerife is great at that time of the year.

Silvertap Mon 13-Jun-16 06:34:09

I'd looked at Thailand and think it'll be a good place when the kids are older but 11 hours with a 2.5 year old seems a long way!

Would canaries really be warm enough at that time of year? I'd worry there's not much to do if it was cold or rainy.

NewIdeasToday Mon 13-Jun-16 06:36:50

Perfect weather in the Caribbean in November. Once you're on the flight it doesn't really matter if it's six or nine hours.

Cupcakegirl13 Mon 13-Jun-16 06:42:47

Cape Verde is lovely at that time of year and only about 5 hours fly time

BarbaraofSeville Mon 13-Jun-16 06:56:57

Second all the Canaries recommendations - Lanzarote, Gran Canaria and Tenerife. Should be hot, plenty of choice for AI, family friendly, manageble flight times.

There's lots to do in Lanzarote if you want or need more than laying and playing in the sun, although I'm not sure how much is suitable for LOs. There's a volcano park, camel rides, vineyards, a big market in Teguise, caves, Cesar Manrique arty stuff, cactus gardens, boat trips to neighbouring islands. There's probably kids play parks and stuff, but not having any DCs I don't generally notice these things. The other Canary Islands are probably the same, but I think the south of the islands are generally slightly better weather than the north of the islands, which is probably something to bear in mind if going out of the main season.

I think Lanzarote is officially a desert, so you'd be very very unlucky to have a lot of rain, there should be mostly dry days, in a mostly dry week, just the odd short rainy period, rather than raining all day every day that you get here if you go somewhere like Wales or the Lake District.

Also Cape Verde, which may be better weather, only a little further and currently I think is pretty much all a AI destination - possibly not a huge amount to do for tourists outside the hotels.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now