Talk

Advanced search

day trip to Pilmoth Plantation from Cape Cod

(5 Posts)
hyperhypermum Mon 06-Jun-16 08:23:39

Really want to spend a day here. We're staying in Chatham. It's been suggested that we do this en route to or from Boston as you effectively go right past it. However, this will mean going on a Saturday which I know is changeover day so lots of traffic. We also won't have enough time to do it justice, I don't think. From Google maps, it seems to be only about an hours drive from Chatham (without traffic) which, to me, is acceptable for a day out. Could someone in the know advise if we would be OK to do this as a day trip mid week. Presume traffic will be much better than Saturday. We're going in August btw. Thanks.

Scotinoz Tue 14-Jun-16 12:51:16

I used to live in Boston and did the Plantation as a Saturday day out when my folks visited. It's a good hour from Boston so I don't see distance as a problem.

Great day out 😀

Hulababy Wed 15-Jun-16 07:06:26

We went from Cape cod one holiday. Definitely worth the visit.

thefemaleJoshLyman Sun 26-Jun-16 22:12:02

We went on the way from Boston to Cape Cod, it took about an hour from there onwards I think.

Tummyclutter Mon 27-Jun-16 09:16:18

We did it in August on the Saturday we flew back, didn't find a problem with any traffic. It was a baking hot day though, and I had to change my clothes in the car park, as I got so sweaty walking around. Take food with you too, as the cafeteria offerings were dire!
If I was going again I would definitely do it as a day trip.
Really enjoyed it too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now