Talk

Advanced search

BA or AA?

(18 Posts)
SpiceyHoney Sat 21-May-16 19:27:41

I am going to a work congress in Texas in September grin and will be flying to Dallas Fort Worth. I think BA and AA have flights from Heathrow- who would it be better to go with?

Thank you- beyond excited!

SnookieSnooks Sat 21-May-16 20:13:15

BA! Have fun!

Shylo Sat 21-May-16 20:14:41

BA. Every time!

AveEldon Sat 21-May-16 20:20:39

BA

SpiceyHoney Sun 22-May-16 06:43:51

Thank you! BA it is grin

kansasmum Sun 22-May-16 07:05:28

BA are not that great but would probably pick them over AA.
But not much in it imo.

Frazzled2207 Tue 31-May-16 19:29:38

BA are pretty average longhaul.
AA are terrible!

AppleMagic Tue 31-May-16 19:34:08

I agree BA. Especially if it's one of the routes where AS haven't upgraded their planes for the last 40 years. We recently had the same choice and went for BA despite a reasonable difference in price so it's a no-brainer if work are paying.

Autumnchill Tue 31-May-16 19:34:27

BA due to customer service. We were delayed coming back from our holiday recently by 8hrs (plane damaged on way to runway) and we got nearly all our money back within 7 days, no fuss or hassle.

AppleMagic Tue 31-May-16 19:34:35

AA not AS obviously

ExtremelyConfidential Tue 31-May-16 19:41:51

If you fly AA, assume a drop in class...it's that bad, so AA first class was roughly equivalent to BA business.

eightytwenty Tue 31-May-16 19:50:25

Which cabin will you fly? Imo AA business class significantly better than BA. But in economy and premium economy I'd go BA.

Autumnchill Tue 31-May-16 20:06:13

We flew to NY with AA couple of years ago and upgraded to Business at the desk, cost £475 each. Worth it for the hot chocolate fudge sundae and steak! grin

Autumnchill Tue 31-May-16 20:06:33

Should say that price was on top of tickets

Trills Tue 31-May-16 20:10:07

BA by a million miles.

I once had a codeshare flight, booked through the BA website, that was actually AA.

The price was the same as the BA flight 2 hours later but DP booked this one as the time was slightly more convenient, assuming that the level of service would be the same.

It was not.

It was all minor first world problem type things, but all of those little things add up when you are on a ten hour flight.

budgiegirl Sun 05-Jun-16 16:53:57

Just be careful when booking, as many of the BA and AA flights share flights, so you might book with one, and end up on the other!

For example, I booked with BA to go to Florida, ended up on an AA flight on the way out and an Iberia flight on the way back. However, I had no complaints about either, they were excellent flights for the price.

Vagndidit Wed 08-Jun-16 10:05:10

We're American so we fly back to the States often. AA can be miserable so definitely BA if there's a choice. Better still, Virgin or Delta. But not United.

CMOTDibbler Wed 08-Jun-16 10:09:33

AA staff can be miserable, but then tbh so can BA staff, esp the new crews. AA flights have icecream part way through, and I've had new planes with them.

The new United planes are lovely, and having been a diehard BA frequent flyer, I've been flying United more and more as the fares have been so much cheaper than BA. Service, food etc is OK

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now