Hotel recommendations- Rajasthan

(4 Posts)
Bonywasawarriorwayayix Thu 05-May-16 22:22:09

I'm trying get some ideas for a trip to Eastern Rajasthan next March with DH and DS who will be 3.4.
We've not been to India before, so I've no idea what to expect but I'm looking for a hotel that will help us get a flavour of the area.
I have no specific town in mind. We'll be getting the train to a hill station for the second week.

minipie Mon 09-May-16 17:15:14

There are some wonderful converted palaces - have a look at i-escape for some good ones.

As regards which town - Jaipur will be the easiest to access but it's also the most touristy - although will still give you a great flavour of the area and there is lots to see there. Udaipur and Jaisalmer are more memorable visually but harder to get to.

It will be getting pretty hot in March so somewhere with aircon and a pool would be a good idea.

Bonywasawarriorwayayix Thu 12-May-16 06:55:19

Thanks. I wondered about the heat. We're looking at going in March as we want to visit a hill station too. Maybe we'll have to do two seperate trips.

minipie Thu 12-May-16 11:56:15

Oh March is still a nice time to go - you just have to pace yourself and allow for spending the hottest bit of the day unwinding in a nice cafe or by a pool rather than schlepping round a baking fort. Or your DS might nap after lunch and stay up a bit later instead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now