Flights with Thomson and taking a Car Seat

(9 Posts)
Karenhibbert2 Fri 29-Apr-16 13:56:22

We are booked to travel longhaul with my DH and DD in 3 weeks time. I want to take a car seat as well as a buggy. The buggy is FOC but Thomson are un certain about the Car seat and if I will be charged. They told me to speak to the Airport, basically they had no clue. Has anyone travelled with Thomson before and wanted to take both items? I'm quite prepared to pay for the car seat but no one can tell me how much or if I can take one!

dementedpixie Fri 29-Apr-16 19:52:49

www.thomson.co.uk/editorial/faqs/travelling-with-children/pushchairs.html suggests it would be taken out of your luggage allowance

KP86 Fri 29-Apr-16 20:06:21

Does DC have their own seat booked on the plane? Can you take it on board, install and use it as a restraint? Most major airlines allow this. Not sure about Thomson.

thisagain Thu 05-May-16 06:51:01

I don't know the answer but fly with Thomsons on 14 the May and plan the same and could let you know.

Karenhibbert2 Mon 09-May-16 12:25:04

thisagain that would be handy if you could, I fly on 25th.

thisagain Tue 10-May-16 21:01:38

Hi, I phoned Thomson's yesterday and was told that I could take both a car seat and a buggy and it wouldn't form part of our weight allowance.

There are 5 of us going and I had booked 4 x 20kg. So yesterday I upgraded one case to 25kg for an extra £10 (this covers both ways). I thought I might as well as we're very border line for weight. Therefore we now have allowance of 85kg which you can pool over the 4 bags with no one case weighing more than 23kg.

Just thought I'd say about the pooled weight allowance because I didn't understand it until I phoned Thomsons yesterday.

againsttheodds Sat 06-Aug-16 20:56:06

Were you able to use the car seat on the plane with Thomson? We're flying Thomson in September and I'd prefer to install the car seat on the plane.

Karenhibbert2 Sun 07-Aug-16 08:13:51

As long as your seat has a harness you can, mine did not have a harness as its a stage 3 seat

Kirriemuir Wed 10-Aug-16 08:22:29

To use a car seat on a plane it must comply and fit. Lots don't.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now